Is SWJobEngineWorker stopping logs? [Windows server 2019]

Hey Thwack,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I'll give it a shot (And hopefully be corrected if this question belongs in another forum)!

We've recently begun to have a lot of Orion Alarms in our pipeline and usually I would check out the event viewer to figure out what have happened in the time period of the alarm, but I haven't been able to do so. What I've experienced on some of our servers (Using 'Agent' as polling method) is that there's an application called "SWJobEngineWorker2x64.exe" that has become "Unavailable" and then there seems to be a time period of about 12 min. where no logs in the application folder is to be found.

As you can see in the provided picture we usually get multiple logs within the same minute but for some reason there's a sudden stop in the logging after the beforementioned job has stopped(?).

The only thing I've been able to figure out from my googling is that this is a Solar winds job, which makes sense since they're using agent, but is this job the reason why we see the sudden stop in logs? Have anyone else experienced that same issue?

• Hello

I can see your comment

1. Check Logging Configuration: Review the logging configuration settings of the software or system associated with SWJobEngineWorker. Ensure that logging is properly configured and enabled. Check for any specific settings related to SWJobEngineWorker logs.

2. Monitor System and Application Logs: Monitor system logs and application logs to check if there are any error messages or warnings related to SWJobEngineWorker. These logs can provide insights into the specific issues causing the logging to stop.

3. Verify Resource Availability: Ensure that the system running SWJobEngineWorker has sufficient resources (such as CPU, memory, and disk space) to support the logging process. Resource limitations can sometimes cause logging to stop or fail.

4. Update Software and Dependencies: Check for any available updates for the software or dependencies associated with SWJobEngineWorker. Keeping your software up to date can help address known issues and improve stability.

5. Troubleshoot System Issues: If the issue persists, consider investigating any underlying system issues that may be affecting the logging process. This could involve checking system health, diagnosing TellHappyStar hardware or software conflicts, or consulting with relevant support channels.

I have some suggestion might helps you

Thanks and regards

NormanHolt