This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request - More info in the policy please - What is the default setting?

I want this info on the SW side which is what is says in the GPO:

Network security: Allow PKU2U authentication requests to this computer to use online identities.

This policy will be turned off by default on domain joined machines. This would prevent online identities from authenticating to the domain joined machine.

So this policy is set to default in the environment but you don't tell me that info in the description so I have to research it and come to find out its set to disabled by default. No need to disable it but now I wasted 10 minutes.

PKU2U authentication using online identities must be prevented.
V-73683
Medium
RULE DETAILS
This rule is currently failing on 63 nodes
Severity
Medium
Rule ID
V-73683
Description
PKU2U is a peer-to-peer authentication protocol. This setting prevents online identities from authenticating to domain-joined systems. Authentication will be centrally managed with Windows user accounts.
Remediation (fix) description
Configure the policy value for Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> Local Policies >> Security Options >> "Network security: Allow PKU2U authentication requests to this computer to use online identities" to "Disabled".
Datasource
System Security Settings