It is my pleasure to announce that Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) 2020.2 is now generally available in your customer portal and you can download and upgrade your production servers, while retaining your complete configuration and history.
Version 2020.2 is compatible with Orion Platform 2020.2
Release notes and system requirements for SCM 2020.2 and related Orion releases can be found on this release summary.
Monitor databases for changes
Connect to your database and execute queries to watch for changes to objects, user permissions, available resources, and the configuration of backups and jobs.
Here is a sample element for SQL Server. Note you can change the connection string, query and credentials for each element in a profile.
Out-of-the-box database profiles
The following out-of-the-box profiles are available to monitor your databases for essential changes:
- MS SQL Server (31 elements)
- PostgreSQL (16 elements)
- MySQL (26 elements)
And you can create your own profiles for other databases - just need a query, connection string and credentials.
Assign credentials to elements
Since we were adding credentials for databases, we make them available for other elements as well - Files, Scripts, and Database elements - allowing you to monitor configs that were inaccessible before.
Improvements to the Content Comparison page
We've made navigating the content comparison page easier.
- Quickly pick previous versions of your content with version picker.
- Easily view aggregated changes.
- Copy or download previous versions of content.
Watch file attributes for changes
SCM now collects file attributes for the files you are monitoring, enabling you to watch for changes to file permissions, ownership, and more.
With the SCM RC, comes a new platform chock full of fantastic improvements:
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- For SAM components the limit is increased to be 550,000 components per SAM installation.
An Orion Map to Success! - Orion Maps improvements, such as creating and customizing text boxes, labels, or layouts, incorporating custom icons, adding shapes, dynamic backgrounds, bulk administration and all new Time Travel.
- Performance enhancements
- Dashboards, Dashboards, Get Your Dashboards! - New Custom Summary Dashboards
- A Gateway To Your Fastest Upgrade Ever! - Upgrade improvements, such as pre-staging upgrades, upgrade plan reports, automating upgrades via Orion SDK
- Enhanced volume status
- 3rd Party Language Pack Support - scripts to extract UI texts from the Orion Web Console
If you haven't checked them out yet, here's a complete list of what changed in SCM 2020.2.
If you don't see the features you've been waiting for, check out the What We're Working on for SCM post for a list of features our dedicated team of configuration nerds and code jockeys are already researching. If you don't see everything you've been wishing for, add it to the Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) Feature Requests.