This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Weblogic services

Hi,

I'm running Weblogic 10.x and have managed to get the JMX running.  I can see the server in Solarwinds as well as the application.

Furthermore, I can see all the JMX Monitor component types.  What I need to see is the status of the server as defined in Weblogic.  "Server" here refers to the process running and not the physical machine.  I need to know if the server is up/down/confused.

How do I do this?  Can it be done with the Weblogic Solarwinds component?

Take care,

Vaughn

Parents Reply
  • Thanks.  I eventually managed to get it to work by setting the Java options.  Setting the access control to the 2 files (password and access) was, shall we say, tricky;  but I got it to work.

I only found out recently about the MBeans but, unless you know what you're looking for, you'll spend hours trolling through them.  But it seems to be working for me now;  next step is to get Solarwinds to run a script when one of the servlets go down;  hopefully we'll get that done shortly.

Children
No Data