This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configure alerts for events in the 'Forwarded Events' event log.

Hello,

I have configured Windows Event Forwarding, on a number of Windows servers, to forward specific events to our SolarWinds server.

These forwarded events appear in the 'Forwarded Events' log, in Event Viewer, on the SolarWinds server as expected.

What I would like to do is have SolarWinds monitor the  'Forwarded Events' log and send an email alert when an event arrives in the log.

Although alerts have been successfully configured for the monitoring the 'System' log, they have not worked so far for monitoring the 'Forwarded Events' log.

It would be possible to put something together using the Task Scheduler and scripts but I would rather use a native SolarWinds tool.

Can someone advise if there is a reason alerts work for monitoring the 'System' log but not the 'Forwarded Events' log?

Also, if this can be done using a native SolarWinds module, what module is it and how is the alert configured.

Any help appreciated.

Mike