This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight Recreation - Can it be done?

So, we have AppInsight for Active Directory running, and it is polling/pulling too much information.  When trying to figure out if we can delete some of the component monitors that our AD team doesn't want from it, have found there are no options for this available, it is take it all or leave it.  Some have mentioned in these forums that you can set impossible thresholds, but most of what they want removed doesn't have 'thresholds' so there is no option here. 

Can I create a custom application monitor using some of the components but not all of them from AppInsight for AD... meaning, I want to keep some features like DFS Service, DNS Server Services, Replication, but get rid of all FSMO and Event log monitors, which I can't do in the default AppInsight for AD (and I can't copy it to one I can edit). 

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this quickly without just removing monitoring from these nodes?