This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring a web URL

I was trying to follow the steps in monitoring a web url and found that since the host was already being monitored it would not allow me to add the host. iT shows the following screen. How can I add it?

Monitor a specific URL (solarwinds.com)

Parents
  • What you'll want to do is use the Server and Application Monitor (SAM) to monitor URLs. The screenshot you posted shows that the node is already in Orion.

Assuming you own SAM, go to Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates

Search for HTTPS and check the box next to "HTTPS Monitor" and click the "Copy" button. (This creates a new template with the HTTPS monitor and keeps the one that comes out of the box intact)

When you edit that template, you can update the URL section with the appropriate URL.

You can change other settings on this page, like the Template Name, but most other settings you can leave as default. 

Click Submit at the bottom of the page. That should take you back to the "Manage Templates" page. You might have to search for your template again. Once you find it, check the box next to it and click Assign to node". Find the node you want to assign the template out to and finish through the rest of the wizard.

You can find the template being monitored by navigating to My Dashboards > Applications.

Details on the URL Monitor

documentation.solarwinds.com/.../sam-https-monitor-sw3245.htm

• Thanks Chad, that was helpful for a Newbie. Greatly appreciated.

Reply Children
No Data