This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AIX agent upgrade 2020.2.5

We have been facing issue with AIX agents process taking more cpu with 2020.2.4 version. As per the 2020.2.5 this bug was fixed.

After upgrading few of the agents in AIX server, noticed update.service process has not been terminated for more than a week. If i stop agent service also, this update.service process still running, and when trying to kill it forcefully, it starts the agent. I have tried multiple times the same issue happens. What is this process trying to do, and how to terminate it.

/opt/SolarWinds/Agent/bin/.update.service/swiagent daemon=true detach=false pidfile=/opt/SolarWinds/Agent/bin/.update.service/swiagentd.update.pid
I rebooted one server and this was gone, but i can't perform reboot for all servers just for an agent upgrade.
Thanks in advance.
  • From the Agent Management page in Orion, is this Agent reporting that the Agent itself or any of its associated plugins are in need of an update? Note that when you upgrade the agent itself manually, the plugins are still updated from the Orion server. This is because we only deploy/install plugins that are actually used by features enabled on each respective agent. 

• We upgraded those agents from Manage Agents Page, and we see the agent status is connected and it is reporting to solarwinds. In all aix servers where the agent is upgraded this particular process is not terminating, it is been more than a week still update.service is running. When we rebooted the server this process is terminated.