This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Specify volumes to import with Network Discovery

Hi,

I feel like this should have been asked a bunch of times before but I can't seem to find a relevant post here on Thwack. I would like to create a scheduled Network Discovery and only import specific interfaces/volumes. When I do the discovery, I get back tons of volumes/interfaces I don't want to monitor, ie D:\, /run, /usr, etc. Is there a way to only import specific volumes/interfaces?

So far, the only way I see it is to let the discovery complete and then go through the discovered results and select what I want. This does not scale at all. Are there better alternatives? I'm sure there has to be a way and I just can't think of one.

Thanks in advance!

• OOTB there is no built in filtering for the volumes unfortunately, what I do is run a script that does the discovery, then edits the results of that discovery job in SQL to delete anything I don't want to bring in, then it executes the auto import of everything that was leftover.  It's a bit of a hacky work around but for years thats been the most common workaround, i know there was a big thread on this a few years ago with lots of sql examples in it.

• Thank you for the reply, ! I wish there was an easier way of doing it. I guess I will look into scripting it as well.