This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Azure File shares individually as a % used dynamically

Hi All I'm a little lost with this and it appears a number of others are in MS forums.

Basically we have a large number of storage accounts in Azure which we would like to monitor. However the problem comes to the files shares portion of storage accounts.

For example we have Storage Account XYZ and with this we have 3 x File shares:

Share 1 20GB

Share 2 20GB

Share 3 60GB

Currently as far as i can see with Azure Monitor if i was to setup an alert it combines all 3 shares as one. This is a problem as if i want to alert on Share 1 hitting 50% (10GB) used & share 3 is already sitting at 35GB used this will create a false alert .

The only way i have around this currently is to only have a max of one file share per storage account and this is rubbish to say the least. Over complicates everything. Some of our storage account have dozens of file share depending on the company app they support.

Also Solarwinds current SAM monitor combines all the shares in the one storage account making it useless & doesn't have a % used field. 

In an ideal would i would like to monitor each file share like a normal disk in Solarwinds with a historically report & dynamic threshold so if the share was to be extended no amendment will be needed in Solarwinds. And / Or in further release a easy to see dashboard of all your storage accounts.

How are others doing this? Long term i fill like were going to have to use a another monitoring solution to get around this.

Any help will be welcome as im lost for ideas at the moment

Thanks