2020.2.5 breaks some modern dashboard queries

Hi there!

We're using a swql query to list all active volume alerts and some of the relevant details of those alerts. This query still works in swql studio, as well as in the old dashboard (custom table), but the table widget in our modern dashboard is now empty (query broken after the update to 2020.2.5). 

Here's the query in question:

SELECT o.AlertConfigurations.Name AS [ALERT NAME],
    '/Orion/NetPerfMon/ActiveAlertDetails.aspx?NetObject=AAT:' + ToString(o.AlertObjectID) AS [_LinkFor_ALERT NAME],
    CASE WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Critical.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 3 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 1 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Warning.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 0 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/InformationalAlert.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 4 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Notice.png'
    END AS [_IconFor_ALERT NAME],
    o.EntityCaption AS [ALERT OBJECT] ,o.EntityDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_ALERT OBJECT],
    CASE WHEN o.RelatedNodeCaption=EntityCaption THEN 'Self'
        WHEN o.RelatedNodeCaption!=EntityCaption THEN RelatedNodeCaption 
    END AS [RELATED NODE],
    o.RelatedNodeDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_RELATED NODE],
    ToLocal(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS [ALERT TRIGGER TIME],
    '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + p.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_RELATED NODE],
    CASE WHEN minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())>1440
            THEN (tostring(round(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/1440.0,1)) + ' Days') 
        WHEN minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())>60 
            THEN (tostring(round(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/60.0,1)) + ' Hours') 
        ELSE (tostring(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())) + ' Minutes') 
    END AS [Time Active] ,aa.AcknowledgedBy,
    ah.Message AS [Note],
    round(v.VolumePercentUsed,2) AS [PERCENT USED],
    round(v.VolumeSpaceAvailable/1024/1024/1024,2) AS [GB FREE]
    FROM Orion.AlertActive aa join Orion.AlertObjects o on aa.alertobjectid=o.alertobjectid
    LEFT JOIN Orion.Nodes p on p.nodeid=relatednodeid 
    LEFT JOIN Orion.Volumes v ON v.VolumeID=Substring(EntityNetObjectId, 3, 20)
    LEFT JOIN orion.alerthistory ah on ah.AlertActiveID=aa.AlertActiveID and ah.EventType in (2,3) 
    WHERE o.EntityNetObjectId LIKE 'V:%'

It seems that o.AlertConfigurations.Name no longer works, when using modern dashboard. To me, this feels like a bug.

Does this work for anyone else? 

Kind regards

Ariano

Parents
  • Its the SPACES in the column names. Remove those and the errors will stop. Of course you then have to reconfigure the entire table to use the new names. This drove me crazy. I have to redo every table in my system now.

Ugh!

-christopher

• Thanks, but if you read the above, you will see that this issue does exist, but it's not the names itself. Using different names, different joins etc. does seem to help in some cases, but even then some issues remain, including the sorting part you mentioned.

Since all of the queries work like a charm in swql studio, or as a datasource for a report/custom table, I really think this has something to do with the widgets, instead of the queries.

• Queries with spaces in column names works fine in SWQL Studio, but they break in 2020.2.5 dashboards. Simply removing spaces in columns (ie: like in [RELATED NODE] ) should fix it...

Reply Children
No Data