This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

2020.2.5 breaks some modern dashboard queries

Hi there!

We're using a swql query to list all active volume alerts and some of the relevant details of those alerts. This query still works in swql studio, as well as in the old dashboard (custom table), but the table widget in our modern dashboard is now empty (query broken after the update to 2020.2.5). 

Here's the query in question:

SELECT o.AlertConfigurations.Name AS [ALERT NAME],
    '/Orion/NetPerfMon/ActiveAlertDetails.aspx?NetObject=AAT:' + ToString(o.AlertObjectID) AS [_LinkFor_ALERT NAME],
    CASE WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Critical.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 3 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 1 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Warning.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 0 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/InformationalAlert.png'
        WHEN o.AlertConfigurations.Severity = 4 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Notice.png'
    END AS [_IconFor_ALERT NAME],
    o.EntityCaption AS [ALERT OBJECT] ,o.EntityDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_ALERT OBJECT],
    CASE WHEN o.RelatedNodeCaption=EntityCaption THEN 'Self'
        WHEN o.RelatedNodeCaption!=EntityCaption THEN RelatedNodeCaption 
    END AS [RELATED NODE],
    o.RelatedNodeDetailsURL AS [_LinkFor_RELATED NODE],
    ToLocal(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime) AS [ALERT TRIGGER TIME],
    '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + p.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_RELATED NODE],
    CASE WHEN minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())>1440
            THEN (tostring(round(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/1440.0,1)) + ' Days') 
        WHEN minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())>60 
            THEN (tostring(round(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())/60.0,1)) + ' Hours') 
        ELSE (tostring(minutediff(o.AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GETUTCDATE())) + ' Minutes') 
    END AS [Time Active] ,aa.AcknowledgedBy,
    ah.Message AS [Note],
    round(v.VolumePercentUsed,2) AS [PERCENT USED],
    round(v.VolumeSpaceAvailable/1024/1024/1024,2) AS [GB FREE]
    FROM Orion.AlertActive aa join Orion.AlertObjects o on aa.alertobjectid=o.alertobjectid
    LEFT JOIN Orion.Nodes p on p.nodeid=relatednodeid 
    LEFT JOIN Orion.Volumes v ON v.VolumeID=Substring(EntityNetObjectId, 3, 20)
    LEFT JOIN orion.alerthistory ah on ah.AlertActiveID=aa.AlertActiveID and ah.EventType in (2,3) 
    WHERE o.EntityNetObjectId LIKE 'V:%'

It seems that o.AlertConfigurations.Name no longer works, when using modern dashboard. To me, this feels like a bug.

Does this work for anyone else? 

Kind regards

Ariano

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
  • Meanwhile I tried the reduced query (without icons and aa.AlertObjects.AlertConfigurations.Name instead of o.AlertConfigurations.Name), combined with altered names (replaced spaces with _).

This seems to work, but it now shows two new and different problems. First I thought that it's no longer possible to reorder columns in the widget setup, but that turned out to be a visual bug. Watching the preview shows the reordering to work, while the names in the right hand column revert to the previous setting. Strange.

More problematic: I can no longer sort by aa.TriggeredDateTime. I originally had the query sort the output (ORDER BY aa.TriggeredDateTime DESC). The 2020.2.5 update introduced sorting as widget configuration, so i tried that, but the issue get more complicated when I do that, because I had the query modify the timestamp to a more readable format and sorting that field does not work correctly. I then added aa.TriggeredDateTime as a separate value and sorted on that field, but there is no option to hide that row from the widget...

I dont think I like this update so far and while one can rebuild the query to fit the new widgets requirements, I really think that should not be necessary. There's to much weird behaviour and everything works unmodified in swql studio as well as in the old dashboards custom tables/report datasources.

At this point, I'm waiting on the official Solarwinds response (the case ist still in the "not started" state) and I think I will stop debugging now.

Thanks so far! I'll keep the thread updated, once I get a response from Solarwinds.