This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Office 365 Service Health Status

So we have been using the Office 365 Service Health Status and it was been working great up until a few days ago. On the application status page we are getting this error

"PowerShell script error. Scripting Error: Script does not contain the expected parameters or is improperly formatted. 'Statistic' missing."

however, when you go in and run the powershell script on the edit application monitor page. It gets results back. Has anyone else seen this behavior? or have an idea on how to fix it?

Thank you.

Parents
  • After following the solution from @christopher.t.jones123 the data is now showing with 0 value (service interruption) however, upon checking the Microsoft Service Health Dashboard, it does not match as some are showing healthy in Service Health but Critical in the SAM Template (Sharepoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Office Online and Dynamics 365). Is this happening as well on other thwack users having this template? if yes, is there an issue on the template or Microsoft changes the way we need to poll information in service health? what is the possible solution or workaround? Thanks :)

• can you post a screenshot of the differences between the Microsoft Service Health Dashboard and the SAM template, I just ran a test in my environment using the same template, and everything I'm seeing lines up with what is returned. There might be some tweaks that need to be made to align with what Microsoft Service is saying is "healthy" if that change is necessary then it would have to be in this portion of the script.

if ($Status.status -match "ServiceOperational") {$Stat = 99}
    if ($Status.status -match "FalsePositive") {$Stat = 6}
    if ($Status.status -match "ExtendedRecovery") {$Stat = 3}
    if ($Status.status -match "InformationUnavailable") {$Stat = 8}
    if ($Status.status -match "PIRPublished") {$Stat = 7}
    if ($Status.status -match "RestoringService") {$Stat = 2}
    if ($Status.status -match "ServiceDegradation") {$Stat = 1}
    if ($Status.status -match "ServiceInterruption") {$Stat = 0}
    if ($Status.status -match "Investigating") {$Stat = 4}
    if ($Status.status -match "ServiceRestored") {$Stat = 5}

• Hi , here is the comparison which shows critical with value 0 for statistics but Healthy in Service Health Dashboard in Microsoft.

Kindly let me know we have a workaround to fix this. :) thanks in advance!

• , I think I see what's going on but it would require some testing. What I believe is going on is that its returning a value that is not recognized and setting it to zero. in order to be sure we need to see what is being returned for $Status.status. Are you able to run the script locally on the polling engine and see what that statistic is?

• , I think I see what's going on but it would require some testing. What I believe is going on is that its returning a value that is not recognized and setting it to zero. in order to be sure we need to see what is being returned for $Status.status. Are you able to run the script locally on the polling engine and see what that statistic is?

Children