This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unique Active Alert ID to link Active Solarwinds alerts to another system

I'm creating an integration for solarwinds to send alert information to my ticketing system.  I'm using a HTTPS POST to an URL as a trigger action and I'm putting various fields into the JSON payload.

But I'm stuck because I need to uniquely idenfity each active alert so that my ticketing system can store the unique alert ID so I can use it in a reset action (the reset action is going to send another JSON payload to my ticketing system and we're going to add some notes to the original ticket that was created).

I think I'd like to use this ID:

ctech291_0-1607992274296.png

But I don't know which variable will give me the "15033" (or even AAT:15033).  Which variable is that?  Is that variable available to me when the reset actions fire?

Or is there a better variable I should be using?

Thank you

Parents
  • I always felt like that part of the url naming was a bit deceptive, AAT: comes from the alert objectid if I remember correctly.  Something to watch out for is that value is not unique to each time the alert fires, it is uniquely generated based the combo of the alert and the object being alerted on, so you will notice that if a single node went down and back up again on 3 different days and triggered an alert 3x then AAT would be the same for all of those days.  Active Alert ID would be the value that is unique to each time the alert fires.

• I always felt like that part of the url naming was a bit deceptive, AAT: comes from the alert objectid if I remember correctly.  Something to watch out for is that value is not unique to each time the alert fires, it is uniquely generated based the combo of the alert and the object being alerted on, so you will notice that if a single node went down and back up again on 3 different days and triggered an alert 3x then AAT would be the same for all of those days.  Active Alert ID would be the value that is unique to each time the alert fires.

Children