I updated Solarwinds to 2019.4 on 8/18/2020. The update removed some indexes from the Solarwinds database and caused 78GB of SQL fragments to fill up the C drive on the SQL server. I worked with one of our DBAs to fix and it looks like something broke AppInsights for IIS - all instances are showing that AppInsights is down but they are not. I opened a ticket with Solarwinds FIVE days ago and someone got back to me and we did below and it did not fix anything. I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone else has had this issue and if they were able to fix it. If not I guess I am waiting on support. Thanks - Dave
It took sometime for us to get back to you. I understand where you are coming from so let's get started right away on your case.
Please perform these steps.
- Stop Orion service from Orion Service Manager on all Servers
- Navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data
- Rename the file PollingController.sdf to PollingController.sdf.old
- Copy the file PollingController-Blank.sdf and paste on the same folder
- Rename the new copied file to PollingController.sdf and right-click it, select properties and untick read only
- Navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine.v2\Data
- Rename the file JobEngine35.sdf to JobEngine35.sdf.old
- Copy the file JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf and paste on the same folder
- Rename the new copied file to JobEngine35.sdf and right-click it, select properties and untick read-only
- Start Orion service from Orion Service Manager on all Servers