This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Software Inventory Modern Dashboard

Hello,
we have 2 software products that are interdependent. If software 1 is installed, software 2 must also be installed. Unfortunately this is not always the case. I try to create a dashboard with the Software Inventory where I can see which servers have software 1 installed but software 2 is missing. Unfortunately I do not get any further. I get a report that reads all nodes with software 1 and all nodes with software 2 separately. But I can't get this into one report or Modern Dashboard together. The ideal case would be to build a KPI that shows that there are 5 servers that do not have both installed. And then I can display the 5 servers. It is important to ignore nodes that don't have any of these 2 software installed. It should only be checked if software 1 is installed, is software 2 also installed?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • I would use Custom properties for this.  create a SQL agent job or an alert with the change custom property action set.  create 2 CPs - software1 and software2,  if software one exists set the custom property to the name of the software, if software two exists set the custom property, software2 to the name of the second software. then the query is easy, where software 1=name of software and software2 is null.  Then you can use groups to automatically assign an application template to everything with software1 or software2 installed.

• I would use Custom properties for this.  create a SQL agent job or an alert with the change custom property action set.  create 2 CPs - software1 and software2,  if software one exists set the custom property to the name of the software, if software two exists set the custom property, software2 to the name of the second software. then the query is easy, where software 1=name of software and software2 is null.  Then you can use groups to automatically assign an application template to everything with software1 or software2 installed.

Children