This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Software Inventory Modern Dashboard

Hello,
we have 2 software products that are interdependent. If software 1 is installed, software 2 must also be installed. Unfortunately this is not always the case. I try to create a dashboard with the Software Inventory where I can see which servers have software 1 installed but software 2 is missing. Unfortunately I do not get any further. I get a report that reads all nodes with software 1 and all nodes with software 2 separately. But I can't get this into one report or Modern Dashboard together. The ideal case would be to build a KPI that shows that there are 5 servers that do not have both installed. And then I can display the 5 servers. It is important to ignore nodes that don't have any of these 2 software installed. It should only be checked if software 1 is installed, is software 2 also installed?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • a screenshot from the graphical query builder is not possible. Because if you go to nodes the software inventory is not available and if you go through software inventory you cannot add nodes. So the screenshot from the graphical query builder would be empty, because it does not offer the options I need.

i read out the number of software 1 and software 2 via a SWQL query and display the quantity via a kpi (see screenshot 1).
    SWQL commands:

SELECT COUNT(1) AS Count_items, Publisher FROM(
    SELECT n.Name,n.Publisher
    FROM Orion.AssetInventory.Software n
    WHERE (Name LIKE '%Software1%'))
    AS subquery GROUP BY Publisher

SELECT COUNT(1) AS Count_items, Name FROM(
    SELECT n.name
    WHERE (Name LIKE '%Software2%'))
    AS subquery GROUP BY Name

What's missing is a list of the 224 nodes that have software 1 installed but not software 2. I have not found a way to do that.

Enclosed is a screenshot 2 , this is how it should look like at the end.

attachments.zip
  • a screenshot from the graphical query builder is not possible. Because if you go to nodes the software inventory is not available and if you go through software inventory you cannot add nodes. So the screenshot from the graphical query builder would be empty, because it does not offer the options I need.

i read out the number of software 1 and software 2 via a SWQL query and display the quantity via a kpi (see screenshot 1).
    SWQL commands:

SELECT COUNT(1) AS Count_items, Publisher FROM(
    SELECT n.Name,n.Publisher
    WHERE (Name LIKE '%Software1%'))
    AS subquery GROUP BY Publisher

SELECT COUNT(1) AS Count_items, Name FROM(
    SELECT n.name
    WHERE (Name LIKE '%Software2%'))
    AS subquery GROUP BY Name

What's missing is a list of the 224 nodes that have software 1 installed but not software 2. I have not found a way to do that.

Enclosed is a screenshot 2 , this is how it should look like at the end.

attachments.zip
Children
No Data