This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding multiple URL monitors via API

Hello Thwackers,

I have approx. 300 URLs that I need to monitor using SolarWinds, and don't really want to type them all in manually.

Using SWQL, the schema seems to involve up to 6 tables to support this function. They include Application, Templates and Components.

I have a good idea of how they all fit together, but I feel like I would be hacking these in at a low level. I can only make assumptions about table relationships by column names. Furthermore, some columns have GUIDs and I don't know how these are generated. I don't really want to experiment with the live database and we currently don't have a test environment.

My question is either, how to add URL monitors automatically or is there a document in existence that describes the realtionships required to create certain objects?

I have no problem using the API, I have successfully added many ICMP only nodes using PowerShell.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul