This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server Warranty Dates Incorrect

I've been working with support on case 00415961 where our server warranty dates are incorrect.  We have some servers that we are year-to-year on a contract with.  Solarwinds pulled the correct initially, and then after we renewed the contract on our servers, HPE reflected the new warranty, but SolarWinds SAM still had the old warranty.  I had to make some firewall changes for the communication to happen as the IP that they were using changed, but even after that, the date wouldn't update.  Only after I repolled the node manually, it would reflect  the new date.  Now I have about 700 nodes that I need to do this manually on ever year.  Seems kinda silly that SAM can't check and update warranty information automatically after a few months, etc.  Can this be a feature request? We are running 2019.4.

Parents
  • mstandage  wrote:

I've been working with support on case 00415961 where our server warranty dates are incorrect.  We have some servers that we are year-to-year on a contract with.  Solarwinds pulled the correct initially, and then after we renewed the contract on our servers, HPE reflected the new warranty, but SolarWinds SAM still had the old warranty.  I had to make some firewall changes for the communication to happen as the IP that they were using changed, but even after that, the date wouldn't update.  Only after I repolled the node manually, it would reflect  the new date.  Now I have about 700 nodes that I need to do this manually on ever year.  Seems kinda silly that SAM can't check and update warranty information automatically after a few months, etc.  Can this be a feature request? We are running 2019.4.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information. If you'd like this to be more formally logged as a request please submit this here: Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests 

In the meantime, have you tried automating this process? We do have a verb in the Orion SDK that can trigger polling to remove the manual aspect of your current workflow.

Home · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

Orion.Nodes | Orion SDK Schemas

pastedImage_5.png

• serena  wrote:

mstandage   wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information. If you'd like this to be more formally logged as a request please submit this here: Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests  

In the meantime, have you tried automating this process? We do have a verb in the Orion SDK that can trigger polling to remove the manual aspect of your current workflow.

Home · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

Orion.Nodes | Orion SDK Schemas

pastedImage_5.png

I've logged an internal ticket SAM-10717 for tracking on this issue.

• I have exactly the same issue (after manual poll it was resolved). Did you find the fix?  

Reply Children
No Data