This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network load Solarwinds SAM

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

I have a question about the Solarwinds Server and application monitor: What is the network load when monitoring?

We have a few clients to whom we have a limited connection(a few kb/s), but we still want to be able to monitor their locations. Would that be possible?

greetings,

Remco IJntema

Parents
  • If you have NTA you can isolate the traffic in IP groups and measure it. Because each application monitor can be different, I would apply the app monitor to  a local server if possible and monitor the required bandwidth in bps with NTA. From there you can examine the available bandwidth is NPM and see if you have the bandwidth you need.

[edit] And if it looks like there is plenty of available bandwidth you could just apply the monitor in off hours and check with NPM to see if there is any significant increase in traffic. This can be done w/o NTA.

Andy

• If you have NTA you can isolate the traffic in IP groups and measure it. Because each application monitor can be different, I would apply the app monitor to  a local server if possible and monitor the required bandwidth in bps with NTA. From there you can examine the available bandwidth is NPM and see if you have the bandwidth you need.

[edit] And if it looks like there is plenty of available bandwidth you could just apply the monitor in off hours and check with NPM to see if there is any significant increase in traffic. This can be done w/o NTA.

Andy

Children
No Data