SolarWinds Orion Module Engine Service auto stop and restart

Case Number # 542589

I have get big problem with SolarWinds Orion module engine service, this issue happen after i submit urgent ticket to try resolve "SAM 5.5 sent lot error alert"

It contact me to follow below step,

1.stop service with service manager, and rename the JobTracker.sdf

2.copy blank sdf and rename to Jobtracker.sdf,

then the same steop to replace PollingController.sdf

and.....this service was broken!!!! "SolarWinds Orion Module Engine Service".....it will auto stop and restart every 5~10 min...

ok, then contact me to ask me reinstall(repair) orion core service (2012.2.2) and SAM 5.5....

now .. still not resolve the problem, and my company have no eye to help MIS!!

• After looking through the notes of your support case, it appears the issues was resolved after completing the following steps.

REPLACE JOB ENGINE

1. Stop all Orion services from Orion Service Manager.

2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf

3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.

4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.

5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPAIR JOB ENGINE

- Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.

- On a 2008 system, this will be under C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers.

- Run the Jobengine.msi and select Repair.

REPAIR JOB ENGINE V2

- Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.

- Run the Jobengine.v2.msi and select Repair.

REPAIR INFORMATION SERVICE

- Run the InformationService.msi and select Repair.

REPAIR COLLECTOR SERVICE

- Run the CollectorInstaller.msi and select Repair.