This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Exchange 2007-2010 Client Access Role Services and Counters (Basic)" Template Issues

Hi

I have applied the "Exchange 2007-2010 Client Access Role Services and Counters (Basic)" template to my Exchange 2010 CAS servers and two of the counters have errors, as follows:

RPC Client Backoff/sec

Component Status: Component status is Down

Component Status Details: Bad input parameter. Could not locate Performance Counter with specified category name 'MSExchange ActiveSync', counter name 'Requests Queued'.

Message: Could not locate Performance Counter with specified category name 'MSExchange ActiveSync', counter name 'Requests Queued'.

Requests Queued

Component Status: Component status is Down

Component Status Details: Bad input parameter. Could not locate Performance Counter with specified category name 'MSExchange ActiveSync', counter name 'Requests Queued'.

Message: Could not locate Performance Counter with specified category name 'MSExchange ActiveSync', counter name 'Requests Queued'.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

Parents
  • This tells us that the 'MSExchange ActiveSync' performance counters are not installed on the target machine.  In order for APM to be able to poll specific counters they have to be available on that box.  Chances are if you look at perfmon on your exchange server you'll be missing that catagory.  Either they do not apply for this instance of exchange you have installed, or they were not installed when exchange was loaded on the server.

• This tells us that the 'MSExchange ActiveSync' performance counters are not installed on the target machine.  In order for APM to be able to poll specific counters they have to be available on that box.  Chances are if you look at perfmon on your exchange server you'll be missing that catagory.  Either they do not apply for this instance of exchange you have installed, or they were not installed when exchange was loaded on the server.

Children
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the server and the 'MSExchange ActiveSync' counters are available. I have also checked that I can select them and view the results via Perfmon.

I am keen to ensure that my Exchange 2010 infrastructure is running ok before it goes into production, so could it be that these counters arent available for exchange 2010? They arent obviously in the available perfmon list, but then I cant see the counters that are working in APM on the perfmon list either.

Thanks.