This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Calendar Attendant Requests Failed

I have a critical error for "Calendar Attendant Request Failed" from Oct 22nd.  I can't find any reference to what this was, why, it just shows 1 and doesn't reset.  How can I see more information (maybe what request), or clear this message?  I can't seem where to find any info where looking at the counters but would like to know more about where to see more info. 

Parents
  • What you are describing sounds like a bug. This metric should count the statistic as difference between polls rather than continuing to count upward. Rebooting the Exchange server this counter should return to zero, but that's far from ideal. I've logged this for investigation internally under SAM-2426, but I would ask that you please open a case with support so we can investigate this issue further.

• Wondering if this has been fixed as well. We are seeing what looks to be the same thing with the latest version of Solarwinds SAM and Exchange 2016 CU9

• I can confirm that this issue still exists.  Exchange 2013 CU21 and latest Solarwinds SAM.

Not willing to waste time on a support ticket to be told "we'll fix it someday", but it would be nice if a fix was released.  For now I edited the thresholds to make the alert go away (and thanks to SolarWinds not allowing me to edit the template [it just does nothing when 'Submit' is clicked], I had to do it manually on each Exchange server's node) since this counter doesn't correspond with any user-facing issues.

Anecdotally, the counter went to 1 around when I moved two mailboxes to different mailbox databases (may be coincidental timing).

• I can confirm that this issue still exists.  Exchange 2013 CU21 and latest Solarwinds SAM.

Not willing to waste time on a support ticket to be told "we'll fix it someday", but it would be nice if a fix was released.  For now I edited the thresholds to make the alert go away (and thanks to SolarWinds not allowing me to edit the template [it just does nothing when 'Submit' is clicked], I had to do it manually on each Exchange server's node) since this counter doesn't correspond with any user-facing issues.

Anecdotally, the counter went to 1 around when I moved two mailboxes to different mailbox databases (may be coincidental timing).

Children