This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Agent Node Displayed in a Down Status When Up & Collecting Data

I am using the Orion Agent on a significant number of Windows systems at this point and one thing I notice on occasion is that the node will show up in a down status in Orion when it's actually up and all data-collections are functioning properly.  The only way to resolve this issue is to restart the agent on the node.

I am curious if other people are seeing this or if it's a known issue?

Parents
  • Hey byrona​, did you ever find a solution for this? I've got the same issue. Of about 80 agents deployed, 22 say the node is down but I'm still getting statistics...

• Agents deployed on various servers (Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2012 R2) - agent-initiated mode
    • Using "Agent status" for node status instead of ICMP
    • The system is collecting data from these servers (I can see volume, interface, CPU/memory statistics coming in at the correct intervals, no data gaps)
    • The availability of the system over a day is 0% because the Node Status is Down, but you can see the days statistics on the same page
    • The agent shows as Connected on the Manage Agents page but Agent status is Unknown
    • Seems to be random in what servers are affected; different subnets, different OS's, firewalls on/off
    • Removed and readded the nodes, no help
  • This condition can occur as a result of duplicate agents. E.G. The machine where the agent is installed is cloned and have the same SID/hostname. As the result, 2 agents have the same GUID and both are trying to connect to AMS.

• Thanks for that information aLTeReGo​, in the many cases where I have seen this happen it's definitely not a case of cloning and duplicate SID/hostnames.  The nodes are just running fine then something happens (not sure what) and the next thing I know I have a node that is still getting data-collections but is being reported as down.  I think I may have even opened a case with SW support on this at one point but they just helped me resolve that specific case and provided to explanation as to why it keeps happening so at this point I just fix it myself.

• Not sure if it's wroth noting or not but we do have over 300 agents deployed.

• If you encounter this issue again, please open a case with support. You should also collect diagnostics from the Agent as soon as you notice the problem occurring. These should help us identify the root cause.

Reply Children
No Data