This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Easy Application Monitor Advanced Alerts

One advanced alert can inform you of any problem in the applications you are monitoring with the Application Monitor add-in

Here's what your trigger should look like:

The Reset Condition is the same, except you change is not equal to to equal to

Pretty simple!

Here's the Alert Message Text that we use:

The Reset Action  is a copy of the same message

Parents
  • When I try and do that I get the following emailed to me - names changed to protect the innocent.

The Process GravitixService.exe on PatchLink Update on MYSERVER reported status Application is running at 6/4/2007 2:04:24 PM

Gravitixserver.exe is the process, patchlink update is what I named it.. Why do I get both? I would prefer it to say:

The Process GravitixService.exe on MYSERVER reported status Application is running at 6/4/2007 2:04:24 PM

How can I do this?

•  Easy....

change Applications.FullName

to

Applications.ApplicationName 

• I tried that and it still isnt working quite right.. Here is what I have written as an alert.

Subject: ${Application.FullName} Status: ${Application.StatusDescription} at ${LastStatusChange}

Equates to: PatchLink Update on MYSERVER Status: Application is not running at 6/5/2007 8:31:48 AM

So thats perfect! Here is where the problem comes in:

Message: The Process ${Applications.ApplicationName} on ${NodeName} reported status ${StatusDescription} at ${LastStatusChange}

Equates to:

The Process PatchLink Update on PatchLink Update on MYSERVER reported status Application is not running at 6/5/2007 8:31:48 AM

Notice how it repeates the process, or application name.. Seems like ${Applications.ApplicationName} is pulling it up twice somehow.. Any ideas?

•  Fire up the database manager and look at the applications  table - you can see the column names and the data that is in them. Just use the column name of the data you want

•  Fire up the database manager and look at the applications  table - you can see the column names and the data that is in them. Just use the column name of the data you want

Yeah, and you can export the table definitions for future reference...  I built a semi accurate DB map(schema), but when my laptop took a dirt nap I lost the original Visio file  :(

• I am trying to learn more about app monitoring and alerting.  My screen did not match the picture above and I don't seem to have the same level of granularity.  We are running Net Perf Mon ver 7 SLX.  Do I lack functionality to alert on application variables with this release?  If so, will upgrading allow me to easily create alerts on services?

•  Do you have the application monitor module?

• Yes, we have that module and I have been trying to determine if this is going to alert us when services are up or down.  Will it alert?  There isn't a great deal of "How-To's" in the pdf downloads so I am just trying to figure it all out.

Reply Children
No Data