This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unix File System Monitoring

Hi,

Is there any way to use APM to create a Unix FS monitoring ?

How could I create an APM agent to show me anything like this:

FS /data/devices 95% usage

Thanks

Parents
  • Provided SNMP is enabled and configured on the Unix host you should be able to list resources on the node and select the volumes you want to monitor as pictured below.

• Hi,

I'm using Linux agent to monitor one of the Linux servers using NPM. However, the / file system is not getting monitored. The data is not collected for / and when I do "list resources", I could see that the "/" is not selected. If I try to select and submit and then again do "list resources" I could see that / is still not selected for monitoring.

image.png

image.png

Could someone please help?

•  wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Linux agent to monitor one of the Linux servers using NPM. However, the / file system is not getting monitored. The data is not collected for / and when I do "list resources", I could see that the "/" is not selected. If I try to select and submit and then again do "list resources" I could see that / is still not selected for monitoring.

image.png

image.png

Could someone please help?

Out of curiosity, what version are you currently running in your environment? This issue appears to have been solved in the latest release under internal case DC-604.

• Hi  ,

I'm using  NPM 12.3 and I do not see the issue with same version of NPM in another instance of Solarwinds Orion.

Agent version: swiagent-2.0.0.70-857826

Thanks,
    Deepthi

• The issue is specific to the node being monitored via the Agent. If you were to have that other NPM instance monitor that same machine using the Agent, you would see the exact same thing you are now. 

The issue has to do with how that machine is returning volume indexes to the Agent. This is a known issue that is resolved in the latest release, but is not broadly applicable to all Linux machines. In fact, this likely affects less than a single percentage of all monitored Linux machines. 

• The issue is specific to the node being monitored via the Agent. If you were to have that other NPM instance monitor that same machine using the Agent, you would see the exact same thing you are now. 

The issue has to do with how that machine is returning volume indexes to the Agent. This is a known issue that is resolved in the latest release, but is not broadly applicable to all Linux machines. In fact, this likely affects less than a single percentage of all monitored Linux machines. 

Children