This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to add private keys into certificate credential library within SAM?

I use .ppk to authenticate to my linux servers and wanted to setup some java monitoring on these servers but that would require me to import my private key into Orion

I read online and within the community that in order to upload/import keys into Orion that I would need to convert they into PEM Format.

So, I used PuttyGen to convert my PPk file into a PEM file and loaded it into Orion and received the following error:

The private key is not formatted correctly or it is encrypted and the password is either wrong or missing. It is also possible that an error occurred during import.

Is there something that I am missing? Should there be something specifically done to avoid the above error. I'm at standstill in getting this figured out and would greatly appreciate if anyone could help

Parents Reply
  • I used SecureCRT to create a key pair.  When saving it, I had to choose OpenSSH Legacy format.  

Top of the PEM file starts with:

-------BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-------

When saving using the newer method that line said OPENSSH PRIVATE KEY  and that couldn't be imported

Children
No Data