This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reboots and application monitors

Is there a condition I could add to an alert for an application that would take into accounts a reboot.  I.E. if the server reboots, the alert would not trigger for 5 minutes to all the server time to get back online.

Parents
  • There have been several customers who've used the Orion SDK/API to unmanage nodes when they reboot, and re-manage them when they come back online using shutdown/startup scripts.

• Did some forum searching and - unfortunately - this was the best thread I could find on the topic...

Having the same / similar issue.  Application monitors (e.g. process monitors) sometimes fire alerts when:

• A node is rebooted
    • A node goes offline for some time

I think this happens if the application monitor poll happens while the node is rebooting/offline.

I already have alerts that tell me when nodes are down/rebooting so this is extremely unhelpful.  Consequently, I may now see this for one node reboot:

• App A down
    • App B down
    • Node rebooted
    • App A reset
    • App B reset

There has to be a better way... right?

• Did some forum searching and - unfortunately - this was the best thread I could find on the topic...

Having the same / similar issue.  Application monitors (e.g. process monitors) sometimes fire alerts when:

• A node is rebooted
    • A node goes offline for some time

I think this happens if the application monitor poll happens while the node is rebooting/offline.

I already have alerts that tell me when nodes are down/rebooting so this is extremely unhelpful.  Consequently, I may now see this for one node reboot:

• App A down
    • App B down
    • Node rebooted
    • App A reset
    • App B reset

There has to be a better way... right?

Children