We are running 'Active Directory 2008 R2 Services and Counters' template on 10+ domain controllers and all report correctly except for one trouble server. The service monitors work correctly but the performance counter monitors are failing with the error: "Bad input parameter. HResult: The specified object is not found on the system."
I've searched around and tried the following fixes:
- Restarting Remote Registry - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/169647#169647
- Restarting WMI
- Adding Network Service as COM Services Admin
- Microsoft Remote Registry Hotfix - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2699780
- Checked license availability for application monitors
- Rebooted Server
- Tried to rebuild the performance counters
- Ran Perfmon from the Solarwinds Server, managed the not working server and selected several counters from above that are not working via the web browser and they monitored correctly
- I thought it might be a permissions issue but I ran PerfMon from a working DC and managed the not woring DC and it reported correctly. I tried this in reverse and it also worked correctly.
Our setup is:
Orion Platform 2013.1.0, SAM 5.5.0, IPAM 4.0, NCM 7.2, NPM 10.5, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.6.0, VNQM 4.0.1