This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAP R/3

Is there a template or any information available on what to monitor on Windows servers runnning SAP R/3?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

We plan to build one, but we're looking for existing users to help us.  if you'd be willing to work with us, please send me a private message.

• Hi Denny,

I know this is an old post, but just curious if any progress was made in developing an APM template for SAP?  We'll be evaluating APM shortly, and this template would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance..

• This is something we're actively investigating.  SAP is a different beast altogether, and is much harder than the other packaged apps we've built templates for; however, requests for this are second only to Java. 

-Craig

• Craig,

This is a need for me too.

Is there a blog/changelog/etc where we can follow the advances on this?

Please let me know what can I do to help (providing data, feedback, etc).

Thanks,

--

Benone

• We also desire an SAP monitor for R/3 and Netweaver

• stripet, or anyone else in this thread, would you be willing to work me and one of our developers to create an SAP application template for APM? Unfortunately due to SAP licensing terms we're unable to obtain a copy of SAP for our lab so we'll need the assistance of the Thwack community to develop an SAP template for APM. 

• Hi,

how is the progress on SAP monitoring template... I do have a few SAP environments whichcould be used for testing should this still be a requirement on your part.

• A lack of an SAP evaluation or reasonably priced development license has thus far hampered our efforts. Monitoring SAP via their proprietary API requires continuous access to the latest versions of SAP software for both Development and QA to validate against. We haven't given up, but progress on the SAP front has been slow moving. We'll keep the community updated as more information becomes available.

• Hi Guys,
    I don't suppose there has been any update to this? Does anyone have an idea of which basic services are required for SAP to operate if I were to create a very basic template?

Thanks,

Michael

• ">aLTeReGo just wondering if there has been any additional progress or if you are still looking for help.  We are in the middle of an sap rollout and we are being pushed hard to be able to monitor the servers AND the application / user experience.  Our CTO recently brought in some old "business partners" who are proposing a total replacement of Orion.  It's going to be a hard argument if whatever they are proposing does everything Orion does an more.  Not sure what there solution is yet, we just had the first meeting last week.  But would be killer if we had something to counter back with.

No pressure emoticons_silly.png