This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Property fields in Application Alerts

How can i get a custom datafield such as CustomerID into the ALERT message for an Application being monitored.

example

HOST11 has a Custom Property field of CustomerID which is equal to "ABC Corp" 

if DNS.exe goes down on HOST11

i want the topic of the message to read as follows

ALERT: ABC Corp / Application: DNS.exe on HOST11 has stopped at TIMESTAMP. 

Parents Reply Children
  • The server name helps me none, as we email alerts to our ticketing system and then a ticket is opened for the specific customer based upon the format within the email that displays the customer name.

Solarwinds Dev team, please modify your database variables to allow this to somehow happen.  aka a UNIVERSAL CustomerName field that is shared across all tables... and if you go that far, you should create quite a few variables that can be cross-referenced between different tables within the database.

• We're in a similar boat, but if I add the NodeID from Orion to my service desk application as an attribute of each server, I can correlate on that end and can still populate the ticket with the customer information. It's more book-keeping for me, but I know I can do that much faster than SolarWinds seems to respond to requests like this.