It is my pleasure to announce that the SAM 2020.2 Release Candidate is now available in your customer portal
Each release candidate is a fully tested and supported version of the product and you can upgrade current production servers, while retaining your complete configuration and history.
Version 2020.2 is the next release following SAM 2019.4.1 and is compatible with Orion Platform 2020.2
Release notes and system requirements for SAM 2020.2 and related Orion releases can be found on this release summary.
Many of the features in this release are mentioned on the WWWO product roadmap.
- Simplified API polling – targeting streamlined support for Azure APIs, additional features for status/response time monitoring and improvements for parsing complex data structures. We also have a catalog of OOTB templates to get you started quickly monitoring using the API poller.
- Scale improvements - increasing supported component count per polling engine in a single SAM instance to 40,000!
- Increased WinRM support for SAM Application Monitors
With the SAM RC, comes a new platform that comes chock full of fantastic improvements:
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- For SAM components the limit is increased to be 550,000 components per SAM installation.
An Orion Map to Success! - Orion Maps improvements, such as creating and customizing text boxes, labels, or layouts, incorporating custom icons, adding shapes, dynamic backgrounds, bulk administration and all new Time Travel.
- Performance enhancements
- Dashboards, Dashboards, Get Your Dashboards! - New Custom Summary Dashboards
- A Gateway To Your Fastest Upgrade Ever! - Upgrade improvements, such as pre-staging upgrades, upgrade plan reports, automating upgrades via Orion SDK
- Enhanced volume status
- 3rd Party Language Pack Support - scripts to extract UI texts from the Orion Web Console
Watch the forum for updates, even if you're not able to install now. The product team will continue to release new documents with detailed deep dives of the mentioned features. If there's one you're particularly interested in, mention it in the comments!
Your Feedback Counts!
The team is incredibly interested in your feedback, and what's even better is that when you participate by downloading and installing the RC, you get THWACK points. More importantly your feedback shapes our products. Post your thoughts, questions and concerns into the RC forum and not only will you be able to get some SolarWinds swag, but we the SAM team will be watching for input to make the product better and better. In addition, sometimes you'll come up with a brand new feature ideas that we would want to consider for a future version. The best place to capture those ideas would be Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests and as you can see from our What We're Working On For Server & Application Monitor (Updated July, 2019) page, we take those inputs very seriously.