This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Availability Reporting Uptime and Date Results

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have a read a few post which happen to include some SQL scripts for reporting on the monitored applications. I have been able to test a few of them, getting the report to run and present the data in the desired form, but there are a few things I am still not able to do and I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully do either of the following. 

1.) I have seen a few times now a complaint about the results of the reports all being 100%. I am seeing a similar result and I know at least one of the listed services has been down within the period of the last 30 days. So, the issue may be within the way I am looking for a date/time range, but I am not sure why it is showing 100% for all services. Which leads to the next question.

2.) I report at the beginning of every month, so reporting on the last 30 days is not always applicable. I have tried referencing some of the last month reports built in, but they all seem to be slightly different in the WHERE area.

I have attached the script below. If anyone can, please let me know if you have any ideas how I might be able to overcome issue #1 and implement the "Last Month" feature within #2.

SELECT
Applications.FullName AS ApplicationName,
AVG(ApplicationStatistics.Availability) AS AVERAGE_of_Availability

FROM
Applications JOIN ApplicationStatistics ON (Applications.AppID = ApplicationStatistics.AppID)

WHERE
( DateTime > (GetDate()-30) )

AND
(ApplicationStatistics.Availability<>0)
GROUP BY
Applications.AppID, ApplicationStatistics.AppID, ApplicationStatistics.Availability, Applications.FullName
ORDER BY 2 DESC

Thanks,

pierrobp