This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight for SQL alerting

Hi good morning Thwack,

I have a request from one of our DBA's for alerting to be setup for deadlocks / blocking and SQL Server error log whose severity is greater than 16. I can't seem to figure out how best to set this up.

Has anyone out there setup alerting for deadlocks and SQL Server error log that could help out?

On a side note why aren't there more alerting for the AppInsight for SQL components?

Thank you

Parents
  • When you edit the application by clicking the "Edit Application Monitor" link in the top right of the SQL server application you are viewing, you can define the threshold for "Deadlocks/sec". When that threshold is exceeded, the default out-of-the-box "Alert me when a component goes into warning or critical state" alert.

Deadlocks Threshold.png

• Thank you for replying...

One more question on this -

When you change the threshold in Edit Application Monitor does it only change it for that device or does it change it for all devices using Appinsight for SQL?

Reply Children