This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL server blocking and long running sessions alert on SAM

Is there a way to enable/configure alerts for  blocking and long running sessions alert on SAM for SQL server.

Parents
  • Yes,deadlocks and such should be included in the out-of-the-box alert "Alert me when a component goes into warning or critical state". You can however create a more specific targeted alert for such conditions as shown below.

Locks.png

Similarly, you can do the same for long running queries. The below example is fairly broad, but can be made more narrowly focused to alert only on specific queries, individual hosts, etc.

Average Execution Time.png

• thanks for your reply. I may be asking a dumb question I am new to solar winds can you provide details how to configure alert and go to the screen shot you gave

• The screenshot above comes from SAM 6.2 which features a new web based alert manager. If you're not yet running SAM 6.2 I recommend upgrading by downloading the latest version from your Customer Portal. Once you're running SAM 6.2 you will find the new Web Based Advanced Alert Manager under [Settings -> Manage Alerts].

• The screenshot above comes from SAM 6.2 which features a new web based alert manager. If you're not yet running SAM 6.2 I recommend upgrading by downloading the latest version from your Customer Portal. Once you're running SAM 6.2 you will find the new Web Based Advanced Alert Manager under [Settings -> Manage Alerts].

Children