I have the trial of the app monitor installed and am getting false positives from many systems. These include SQL server and other application/processes that run all the time. Is there any way to fix/troubleshoot this?
Sure thing. Server name blacked out to protect the innocent.. The ermergin is an actual service that runs, the other two are application processes that stay running. I have confirmed that they did not stop, start or restart at the time shown.
Could you provide a screenshot or any more specifics?
I have checked the server logs and there is nothing going on. Same thing happened this morning. All 3 services/processes show they "started" at 2:31am.. They have not stopped running.
Are there logs for the app monitor I can look through to see what the problem is?
We have some of the same things happening- many of our apps will "restart" even though we know that they technically have not. I wondered if it had anything to do with the process ID number being changed...
One thing we did to work around the situation was to disable "log start/stop events on this application"...when you're in the app. monitor configurator, select the application, and you'll have 2 check boxes- one for start/stop and one for CPU/Memory. You can still alert even if start/stop events are not logged.
Please do so Support can get a better understanding of your environment and might be able to pin down what is causing this-
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process.