This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Database Server Integration with other Databases

All, 

We are getting ready to rebuild our SolarWinds instance from the ground up (longer story).  I am looking to move my databases from the SQL server shared by 4 other application to its own SQL Server.  

We are having a discussion on whether or not SolarWinds databases MUST be separated or NICE TO HAVE them separated. I was looking around the administrator guides and such and have not seen any concrete proof.  

Anyone out there have documentation specific to sharing SolarWinds SQL Servers with other Applications databases on the same SQL Server?

Parents
  • We migrated our off of a shared SQL instance to its own SQL server because several times during upgrades or support calls the installer wanted SA rights to perform changes at the SQL server level, not merely at the database level. That could have impact on the other databases running on the shared SQL server. 

• We migrated our off of a shared SQL instance to its own SQL server because several times during upgrades or support calls the installer wanted SA rights to perform changes at the SQL server level, not merely at the database level. That could have impact on the other databases running on the shared SQL server. 

Children
No Data