This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MFT Server Events Powershell process gets left behind

Hello

I have Windows Server with Serv-U MFT and have configured several MFT Domains each configured with a Domain MFT Event that triggers on file download

The Event fires Executable:Powershell.exe and the Command Line parameter calls a script that effectively Copys the file that's downloaded then places the copy in a separate directory for Archiving

Like So

The Issue Im facing is that Periodically my Users inform me that the File move process is not working and when I investigate I find numerous Powershell.exe process running under the Serv-u Process acct

At this stage Im killing the left over Powershell Processes manually

I would like to either have a line in my code to ensure powershell closes or perhaps have a sepearte process to Kill rogue powershell process every day

Has anyone seen this issue before and if so How did you manage this situation/ left over processes?

Im currently looking at experimenting with "Stop-Process -Id $PID" comd in the script but its not having a great effect

Thanks

Parents
  • Issue is resolved

Found an answer to my left over powershell process after Logging a case with MS

Long story short, My Powershell script had a line to clean up files after the File move like so

## Remove any *.old File left over after download

Get-childItem $FilesMoved -Recurse | Remove-Item -Include *.old -Force

If the Source path contained subfolders or subfiles then the process got stuck in background waiting on response, which the user never sees

Updated script as follows, replace '-force' with '-Recurse' thus prevent powershell wait

Get-childItem $FilesMoved -Recurse | Remove-Item -Include *.old -Recurse

• Issue is resolved

Found an answer to my left over powershell process after Logging a case with MS

Long story short, My Powershell script had a line to clean up files after the File move like so

## Remove any *.old File left over after download

Get-childItem $FilesMoved -Recurse | Remove-Item -Include *.old -Force

If the Source path contained subfolders or subfiles then the process got stuck in background waiting on response, which the user never sees

Updated script as follows, replace '-force' with '-Recurse' thus prevent powershell wait

Get-childItem $FilesMoved -Recurse | Remove-Item -Include *.old -Recurse

Children
No Data