This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

15.3.0 Upgrade

Anyone onboard with 15.3.0 yet? Just looking for insight prior to upgrade from 15.2.5 thanks.

• I'm just doing some preliminary testing comparing my production MFT severs running 15.2.5 vs a fresh install of 15.3.0 using an eval license.

Please note both my production systems and testing systems are using the Linux flavour so my findings may be different than those installing the Windows edition.

• The fresh installation of the software was no different than usual, I expect the upgrade path will not be any different as well
    • The Management Console has not changed, all features and settings continue to be the same with the Serv-U Branding.
    • The Limits and Settings section still lists Web Client Pro and Voyager JV as these legacy features are still "accessible" in the current version but there are no new entries for the "new" versions
      • If you disable the Web Client option you do disable both the old and new Web Clients
    • The First issue I encountered was the new requirement of the GD Library to be installed on my Linux server, I could not select a Custom Logo under the Settings Tab, receiving the new error prompt of "Operating System Error LibGD cannot be loaded to perform an operation. Make sure this library is installed. Adding a symbolic link for libgd.so to the latest version may correct this error. Please contact your system administrator for further assistance". The past version 15.2.5 must have had this library baked into the application.
      • My solution was simple and installed the gd library (yum/dnf install gd). After that selecting a Custom Logo was once again available.
    • My Second and a minor issue I encountered was the Custom HTML being loaded, using our existing Custom HTML template from 15.2.5 resulted in a slightly different look. Likely some minor changes are required and we will be updating the template using one of the new example templates supplied in the install.
    • The new Web Client / Fileshare client works fine, is pretty slick but is in need of some additional polish as I found the following oddities
      • The Custom Logo branding and Title that was applied to the old Web Client do not carry over to the current "New Web Client". You are left with the Serv-U Logo and Name of Serv-U Client. For those that use the branding feature this feature doesn't seem to be setup yet.
      • You can drag and drop easily to upload files and folders however you cannot drop them into a folder, the drag and drop feature only uploads to the current level
      • The File Sharing's Send File option is much cleaner than the previous version however you cannot upload files to send prior to the Send link being sent via email. You must dig down into the Send file section after the email has been sent to upload files that will be available to the recipient.
        • One good thing is that you can finally delete / change / add more files in that existing send file job
      • The File Request steps are very similar to the Send File option with one issue, the interfaced that the client receives allows them to upload files but should they refresh the upload page they will not see what they have already uploaded, they are simply prompted to upload files. The requester can see the uploaded files and any new uploaded files with matching names will replace any existing files uploaded
      • One final thing, I personally don't think there should be a link to THWACK under a user's dropdown to logout.

That's all I got for now

R

• Thanks rregimbad, I'll know this evening how the Windows version acts. We are upgrading instances on Windows Server based platforms but thanks for all the helpful insight.

• OK, Windows version of Serv-U MFT 15.3.0 upgraded from 15.2.4 (yes I know I was behind). Had to manually rename some files that the install program would not overwrite automatically. Mostly .dll's and the tray.exe. Serv-U would not start, rebooted Windows server - all good. Had to reapply license key. Everything at this time appears normal. Will know more in a few hours...

• Were you using any custom HTML settings, and if so did they work OK following upgrade?

• Thank you, we will be definitely continuously improving new Serv-U client UI also based on your valuable feedback.

• They work after upgrade in the old web client, but the new web client isn't customizable in my opinion at this moment. I think, they will implement it later. Actually, the old web client is still working (and standard, if you connect).

• I have seen that the Custom Text from Login Page is not displayed.

• The exisiting Custom HTML "Serv-U Gray/Chrome" (I used them to make a copy and personalize) are distorsioned. Thanks.