This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help me finish this SFTP Server please?

Hello Friends, Sorry if this post is too basic for this forum, but, I need some help finishing up this SFTP Server that I'm trying to put together for my very simple storage needs. I know SFTP > FTP and maybe even FTPS,so I looked into creating one. I know I can go through SSH and create it natively in Windows but a tool from SolarWinds offers a super easy way to stand up a basic SFTP. I'm 90% there for my needs, but one last piece remains. I can only set up 1 root directory for the server. Which is OK, but I want to have the option of having other folders available in this folder from other drives. So for example, Root folder has a folder from Drive 1 and folder from Drive 2, being two separate physical drives to store on, but one logical SFTP. My first instinct was to simply create a shortcut to the second drive and put it in the Drive 1, where the root folder is, but my FTP Sync client is seeing that folder as simply a .lnk (shortcut) file. Can someone please tell me if I can achieve what I need using the SolarWinds SFTP Server tool or another method? Again, excuse the ignorance! Thanks!

• You just need to create a symlink.

For example lets say your SFTP root directory is at the default c:\SFTP_Root

You have 2 additional folders you need to share D:\Test1 and E:\Test2

run the following commands in an elevated command prompt:

mklink /D C:\SFTP_Root\Test1 D:\Test1
    mklink /D C:\SFTP_Root\Test2 E:\Test2

This will create two softlinks in the root directory called Test1 and Test2

You can also create hardlinks (junctions) using the /J flag instead of /D