This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New User - Assistance Required with Web Client Access

Hi All,

I have installed Serv-U on a test server, created a domain and a testuser.

I installed WINSCP to the same server, just to prove that I could log in via the test account I created.

I tried to get to the Web client again from the same server - 127.0.0.1:43958 and I am presented with a Serv-U login box, however it wont allow me to login as the Test User i created and tested successfully via WINSCP.

I assume I haven't configured something correctly?

Also, for other people to connect to the Web client, I assume they will need accounts and I will need to get our firewall updated.

I am guessing that 43958 is the default port for the GUI? and this will need to setup in a Firewall rule somewhere?

Any guidance would be appreciated as this is a 1st time setup for me

Regards

John

• Hi John,

The 127.0.0.1:43958 address you are using uses the Serv-U Administrator password which is the local administrator password. This is defined in Global > Limits & Settings > Settings > Admin Password (button at the bottom).

This is only used for the overall management of the Serv-U server.

If you want to login as a normal user you have defined in a domain, you will need to go to the address of that domain or whatever IP is defined in the Details > 'Listeners' section for that domain and just go to https://ip  You do not need the 43958 port, this is just for for the Serv-U Administrator on the local machine.

Hope that make sense!

• Hi John,

The 127.0.0.1:43958 address you are using uses the Serv-U Administrator password which is the local administrator password. This is defined in Global > Limits & Settings > Settings > Admin Password (button at the bottom).

This is only used for the overall management of the Serv-U server.

If you want to login as a normal user you have defined in a domain, you will need to go to the address of that domain or whatever IP is defined in the Details > 'Listeners' section for that domain and just go to https://ip  You do not need the 43958 port, this is just for for the Serv-U Administrator on the local machine.

Hope that make sense!