We would like to announce the general availability of Serv-U FTP & MFT Server version 15.2.1. This release contains following new features and improvements
- Improved Management Console user interface
- Increased password security: existing MD5 passwords converted using more secure algorithm)
- Chinese and Korean characters support in file transfer
- Performance and stability improvements
- Improved Internet Explorer compatibility
- 3DES algorithm deprecations
- Serv-U File Server version 15.2.1 is an alternative to version 15.2 and can be applied to any new or existing installation; however it is primarily intended for installations with automated users or FTP users without access to the Serv-U Web Client.
- This version increases password security and automatically converts existing MD5 passwords using a more secure algorithm when users connect for the first time after upgrade.
- Unlike Serv-U 15.2, 15.2.1 does not prompt users to change their passwords. Nevertheless, it is recommended to change these converted passwords when possible to further increase security.
- Serv-U version 15.2 should be applied to installations purely with SFTP users or users who access through the Serv-U Web Client as they can be safely prompted to change their passwords after conversion.
You can view the full set of release notes.
Download Serv-U 15.2.1 now from your customer portal.