This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Brute Force Attack Detection Help

Hi,

I'm familiar with the "Continuous Excessive Logon Failure" rule/template. That's great but, I want a little more.

What I want to be able to do is create a rule for when a brute force attack is successful. Let's say an account triggered the "Continuous Excessive Logon Failure" rule, repeatedly. So email alerts are sent notifying appropriate staff of the alert.

What I would like to happen is if there is a successful logon in let's say within 5 minutes after the previous "Continuous Excessive Logon Failure" rule is triggered, a new rule is triggered that notifies of the successful login after a series of failed attempts.

I've tried tinkering with rules and searches but I haven't had any success. Does anyone have any suggestions?