This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

GPO modification search?

I'm trying to set up a scheduled search to monitor changes to GPOs. Running SEM 2020.4. Any suggestions regarding the best way to set up this query would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• OK I know there is audit event logs on the domain controller (these is per each domain controller) You must make sure the Auditing is configured to track. (https://rlevchenko.com/2017/03/17/how-easy-is-it-to-track-group-policy-changes-using-the-event-log/)

the Event ID is:

• Event ID Range: 4000–4007: This range covers events concerning Group Policy start events. These events are captured when a Group Policy processing instance begins.
    • Event ID Range: 4016–4299: This range covers Component start events. This range of events are captured when a Group Policy component processing starts the task defined in the event.
    • Event ID Range: 5000–5299: This range covers Component success events: These events appear in the event log when a Group Policy component successfully completes the task defined in the event.

Checking the SolarWinds connecter to see if these logs are being tracked

After looking at the connecter XML file I do not see these event logs listed.  

So I recommend enable the audit logs on the file server and check windows event logs for which EVENT ID are the most useful and request a connector update to add these in the next revision.