This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Widgets reset to default

Hello,

Not that it is a HUGE deal with a somewhat easy fix - but I just want to make sure this isn't a deep issue that I need to worry about.

Today when I logged into my LEM web console with my same AD linked account - all my 'custom' widgets were removed from the dashboard and everything was back to the default look, with the 'getting started' 'what's new' and 'help' widgets at the top left and all my custom designed widgets gone.

I looked through Monitor and all my custom search filters still exist - so I can obviously rebuild and reorganize the widgets all over. Unless someone has seen this before and there is possible a quicker fix.

Thanks for any insight.

Tim

Parents Reply
  • No I've been in and out with my user account for several weeks now. I forgot to mention also, that when I logged in this morning, the Web console presented me with the license agreement to accept. Very much like I WAS logging in for the first time yet I was not.

Children
  • This sounds like LEM had an issue connecting and authenticating with AD at the time you and logged in and LEM presented you in with a new profile. The oddity is that all of your custom filters were still there.  If this issue was limited to your account, I would say it was a temporary communications issue with AD when you logged in.  If this happened to everyones account, I would say there is an issue with LEM communicating with AD through the connector. Reboot the server and log back in. Your profile may return to normal. Ask the other guys if they received the new logon notice.