This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Connector is Not Showing Up

Everytime I add the node from my Cisco 3845 router the LEM server tells me it finds a tippingpoint node connector.

When I disable the tippingpoint connector then LEM simply tells me it can't find a new node.

I know that the router is sending the syslog msgs to the LEM server in local2.

I tried at first to just go with the tippingpoint connector, but when you view the events there are a lot of unmatched cisco switch data.

Parents
  • I have been with dozens of client who have improperly configured syslog connectors using the auto feature.

When ever LEM notifies us that it found a new node, I typically cancel it and talk with the networking people if they configured a device to send syslog to LEM.  Once confirmed, cmc into LEM and look at the checklogs to validate that the data is coming in the correct facility.  Also check if that facility is being used by another connector.  If everything checks out, then create a connector using the appropriate facility.

Once that is done, it is very important to create a filter to validate that you are receiving the information you are expecting.  Also look for any unmatched data from the connector.

If you notice any unmatched data, then verify that you have the recent revision of the connector.  If not, then update the connector and validate.

Validation is a very important step in the process.

Thanks

Amit Shah

Loop1 Systems

• I have been with dozens of client who have improperly configured syslog connectors using the auto feature.

When ever LEM notifies us that it found a new node, I typically cancel it and talk with the networking people if they configured a device to send syslog to LEM.  Once confirmed, cmc into LEM and look at the checklogs to validate that the data is coming in the correct facility.  Also check if that facility is being used by another connector.  If everything checks out, then create a connector using the appropriate facility.

Once that is done, it is very important to create a filter to validate that you are receiving the information you are expecting.  Also look for any unmatched data from the connector.

If you notice any unmatched data, then verify that you have the recent revision of the connector.  If not, then update the connector and validate.

Validation is a very important step in the process.

Thanks

Amit Shah

Loop1 Systems

Children
No Data