What We're Working On for SEM (Updated: 18-OCT-2023)
Now that SEM 2023.4 is generally available, we are busy working on the next release. In SEM 2023.4, we delivered on web-based reports, tag management and time of the day groups. Please refer to the release notes for a broad overview of this release.
Here is what we will focus on in 2024:
- Contextual help: Descriptions of events and access fields in rules.
- License recycling: Ability to reclaim licenses from inactive nodes.
- Performance: EPS increase and query execution time optimization.
- Scalability: Support for at least 10K devices.
- MFA: 2-factor authentication support.
- IPv6: Full support of IPv6 (installation and rules).
- Connectors: Reduce new connector backlog.
This list doesn't enumerate a lot of the features we're looking into for long term development and further releases. Since we continually use Thwack as one of our biggest sources of feedback, be sure to vote for features in Security Event Manager Feature Requests forum.
This forum contains forward-looking statements regarding future product plans and development efforts. SolarWinds considers various features and functionality prior to any final generally available release. Information in this forum regarding future features and functionality is not and should not be interpreted as a commitment from SolarWinds that it will deliver any specific feature or functionality in the future or, if it delivers such feature or functionality, any time frame when that feature or functionality will be delivered. All information is based upon current product interests, and product plans and priorities can change at any time. SolarWinds undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements regarding future product plans and development efforts if product plans or priorities change.