SEM 2021.2 is the first release of Security Event Manager since Adobe discontinued Flash and is entirely HTML5-based. For further information on the discontinuation of Flash, see the Adobe Flash End-of-Life page (© 2021 Adobe, available at adobe.com, retrieved April 12, 2021).
With this release, we continued our investment in support for hybrid environments and further improved SEM’s existing capabilities.
So, what’s included in this release?
- Simplified and improved Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration and Local User authentication setting.
- Updated navigation bar and connector update pane.
- New dashboard widgets out of the box showing details about Log Storage and Server Status.
- Enhanced security features like enabling HTTPS by default and sending emails via TLS.
- Microsoft 365 connector laying the foundation for Microsoft 365 services monitoring. Starting with Azure AD and Exchange Online monitoring in this release with more services to be covered over time.
To help get you going quickly with this new version, below is a quick walkthrough of the new monitoring capabilities for Microsoft 365 available in SEM.
- In the Historical Events view select the search box and enter DetectionIP = "o365*".
- Adjust the time range as required and click on Search.
- The list view will start to fill with events monitored in your Microsoft 365 environment.
- Now add filters, refine the time range further, export the data as required, or start to work as you’re used to with other events collected by SEM.
...and stay tuned—more events and services are coming over the next months!
The SolarWinds product team is excited to make these features available to you. We hope you enjoy them. Of course, please be sure to create new feature requests for any additional functionality you’d like to see with SEM.