This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What is standard practice to stop and start orion services

Hi TEam,

We have below platform/ environment

• AWS
  • Main poller
  • HA
  • APE

As per below link I know best practice to reboot orion server

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Orion-server-reboot-Best-practices?language=en_US

now I want to know the sequence/ best practices of stop orion services.

Can someone help me on this.

Parents
  • I feel like Orion is pretty robust about not being too worried about specific services.   I've killed services 100 different ways over the years, the main trick being that if you have HA you need to disable that first to avoid having it try to bounce you over to the backup server. 

• True, want to know sequence that is first do i need to stop services from APE, AWS, HA and last Main poller then as per recomendation needs to reboot server, isn't it?

• Yup, if that is what you are looking for then you are correct, in older versions we use to follow the same procedure.

Stop services on APE's and AWS and finally stop the services on Main poller.

In your case

1. stop APE/AWS services

2. Then stop HA

3. Then stop services on Main poller 

=========================================

And if you want to start the services then it would be:

1. Start services on Main poller

2. Start services on HA Server 

3. Enable HA

4. Start services on APE

5. Start services on AWS

• Cool, thanks for sharing thought and experience.

Reply Children