This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Do I need my APE?

I inherited an environment that was first setup about 6-7 years ago. It had an APE added to it probably 6 years ago right when I started and my understanding was it was due to sluggish polling and behavior, but I never got into the conversation with the admin at the time. I'm now digging into doing a full on upgrade to our environment with migrations to new servers and I'm seriously questioning why I may need this APE. We have 7,768 elements and the documentation I'm seeing says APE for use with over 12,000 elements. What would the ramifications be to move everything over to the main poller and power down the APE before moving ahead with upgrades? The elements aren't even split evenly, I have almost 5800 on the main poller and it seems to operate just fine.